Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 3



The music swells, the tempo quickens and my feet shuffle to the beat. The continental dance continues...

I'm back at Les Cèdres. I have been to two days of class. I am happy to report that I was able to return to my old class. I turned in my tests and was taken in by Régine. So far so good. Mme. Freeman has me prepared for the grammar, and with a little time my ears and mouth will get used to French immersion again. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me to do well on my tests and return to my class!

I was so happy to be in Paris again. It's just...right. That's not to say that it's not an adjustment or without it's challenges. I am far away from many special people. But God is faithful. It helps so much that I have good friends here. And God keeps reminding me to take it one step at a time and make time for Him. Isn't it funny how easily we forget the value of time with Him, being still, partaking of the Word. It centers me, strengthens me, fills me...

Christie and Andy's wedding was beautiful, moving and meaningful. It was a joy to be able to spend time with her preparing for the day and then being a part of it. I am so grateful for having been able to be there for such a special time in her life. **above is a picture of the happy couple and one of me with the bride.

I was also able to spend a couple days with my dear friends Ruth and Ralph Somerville on my way to France. They are the dear people who housed me for 9 months years ago when I lived in England. I can't imagine what life would be like if they hadn't agreed to let me stay with them while I was on DNA. They are a wonderful life relationship and a valuable connection to Europe. God bless them generously for all they've given to so many who have found respite in their home!

I am sorry it has been so long since my last post. Hopefully, I will get into a routine now and be back to a weekly basis. Thanks as always to those of you who take your time to read this and keep up with me. It is encouraging to know you are thinking of and praying for me.

Please pray for:

~encouragement daily from the Holy Spirit. I must have the presence of God with me and in me! (Don't we all need this?)

~guidance on what to do after school in June. -where I am to go in France -what I am to do there -who I am to do it with

~grace to handle the work load and not burn out physically and mentally.

~provision. I am ok for living expenses from monthly giving, but it is going to be a challenge to get tuition and housing paid off by June.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Looks like the wedding was gorgeous! Hope you are doing well back in France!