Wednesday, February 17, 2010

17 February



Sorry it has been so long since I've written. It's just been a period of time when I couldn't get to writing or had no motivation. I was sick with a fairly strong cold for a while, but we all know tis the season. And life has been offering it's challenges.

I could definitely use prayer for my spirit and emotions as well as physical health. I had a few days of feeling off balance. It's a natural occurrence I'm sure when one moves to a new culture and attempts to build a new life. Now I am feeling more at ease. Then this week I experienced intense feelings of loneliness. Everyone has a bad day from time to time and I wasn't too worried. However, when day 3 of the intense emotions came around I finally clued in that this was more than just a normal cycle of loneliness. I asked a friend to pray for me and she discerned a spirit of loneliness and a lying spirit. I was buying old lies. Amazing how after all the freedom God has given me I can still listen to the old lies. The good news is the prayer worked. The spirit is gone and I am back to myself. It did leave me physically exhausted however and I am getting my strength back, grâce à Dieu. I would really appreciate prayer for spiritual protection and discernment as well as physical strength. Also, could you continue to pray that God help me adjust to a new home, new culture, and new relationships.

I have no new news on the visa. Things seem to point back to Houston to get the ball rolling. I will check into going to a French embassy in London as my last option before pursuing having to return to the States. I still need guidance and wisdom on God's timing and when I should be in the States and when to make sure I'm in France.

The picture of the group above is the younger worship group I am working with. They are 8th and 9th graders. The name of the group is 'JTDR' which is texting lingo in French for Je t'adore, I adore (love) you in English and is aimed at God. As you can see they are a lot of fun to work with. They have a lot of talent and great hearts for God. One of the great joys and honors I have the pleasure of being a part of. L to R Mattias, Benjamin, Noémie, Barbara, Me, Olivia
There are a couple people missing too: Pauline, Victoria

Also, this is a picture of a Celtic monastery at Murbach. I love that the Celtic missionaries created a school and center of learning and worship in the 1100's. What a heritage!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Great blog – thank you for sharing more about the spiritual and current needs of France.

I just wanted to alert your readers to a prayer movement that’s been going on for the past dozen years or so led by the French ministry Objectif France. For the past three years, the campaign Pray for France (in English) has been translating their 21-day prayer guide with current prayer topics for each day. Pray for France allows English speakers to pray alongside their French brothers and sisters during the three weeks before Easter and it’s FREE for those who visit the website www.PrayforFrance.org and register… All the information is on the site…!

Rachel Leigh said...

Hey Alana,
we haven't officially met, but your name comes up ALL the time in phone conversations with my parents... so I really wanted to say thanks (with all my heart) for coming to Alsace and discipling my sister and her friends! Your gifts are precious and needed. :D
À Lui soit la gloire!