Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A call





It's autumn time once again. The colors are changing slowly here but it is beautiful. The vineyards are gold and green and the trees are like fire. I love this time of year.

I will give you a quick update on Carolyn. The last post she was in the hospital but she has been out for a while and is doing much better. In fact, she is doing a bit of traveling and visiting friends in Russellville. God is good. She still needs complete healing and mobility in her legs. Thanks for all of your prayers for her.

This school year has at least doubled my work load from last year. I am now teaching at the music school in Guebwiller (like last year) and I've added classes in a nearby town called Meyenheim. In addition, we have started an 'orchestra' at the Collège Daniel the Christian school where I volunteer. We are continuing to build with the choir as well and I have a worship group of 'high school' students. I am continuing English with the missionaries' daughter, Olivia, as well. I have also added another worship group at church. That makes 3 youth worship groups at our small church! Needless to say, I am staying busy and enjoying it.

I would like to take just a minute to share my heart and vision with you once again for why I am in France. My heart is to see revival in France and in Europe. I am definitely not alone in this. I want to be a part of what God is doing and is going to do here. Teaching is one of the ways that I can share God's love and hope with people. I know there is more to do and be a part of. I am also involved in teams that go and worship and intercede in different places. It's all about expanding the Kingdom of God.

Another thing I can do is be a connection between France and the States. For example I would like to send out a call to prayer to all my American/anglophone friends for the Christian school Etablishment Scolaire Daniel. I have talked about the importance of Christian education in the francophone world. Daniel School is a flagship for Christian schools in French speaking countries. Currently, there is a lot of pressure spiritually, practically and financially. The school has been operating from a financial deficit for months now. This means that several teachers are not receiving any salary as well as the fact that bills don't get paid. Can you imagine continuing to work in a job if they can't pay you!? The teachers and staff are dedicated to the students and the vision of Christian education. Also, prayer is needed for the order of God to come in the organization and leadership of the school and the association the governs it. In the midst of the difficulties God is doing great things in the lives of the students, teachers and staff of the school. God is at work! We just need to partner together in prayer for this school to push back the enemy and see the provision of God in all of these situations.

I pray that the Holy Spirit speaks to many of you to pray for Daniel School so that we can stand together to see the school fulfill it's destiny for the Kingdom in the midst of the darkness!

May God's joy and peace flow in your lives in abundance!!

Prayer requests:

~COMPLETE healing for Carolyn!
~God's provision in all things for Daniel School (Etablissement Scolaire Daniel)

**The pics are from a fun time with Olya (our sweet Russian friend who takes great pics). I thought they went along well with the Clarion Call name. And they're just fun.

No comments: