Friday, May 8, 2009

8 May ~France en Feu report~


Have you ever had an experience with God that left you...transformed, healed, full of peace and rest? Well, that sums up last weekend for me at France en Feu. God was there. It's no surprise considering there were around 300 (I'm not a good judge of crowd numbers) people who worshiped for around 24 hours total throughout the weekend. There is no way I can report everything that went on in this blog. But I will give a few highlights. And thank you to all of you who prayed about France en Feu!

The speakers were American Jim Goll and Française Fabienne Pons. I was encouraged by both speakers. Fabienne is from Toulouse and shared about taking God to the streets. (I was pleased to find I understood about 90% of what she said. This is a big improvement in my French listening comprehension.) She was a great speaker who I think people can really relate to and be inspired to think, "Yes, we can live this out in daily life."

Jim talked about steps to and characteristics of revival, generations working together, and the importance of reconciliation with the Jewish people. There was a powerful time of repentance for what had happened on French soil to the Jews. Jim also shared prophetic words, visions, and dreams which were for the encouragement of the French people as a group and for individuals there. The two things that struck me the most were:

He saw major moves of God coming in Marseilles, Morocco, Tunisia and other francophone countries. He also saw major moves of God on university campuses in France with tens of thousands coming to Christ. All of this being accomplished through generations of God's people working together.

There is an involved story for the second I would like to share. I'm going to skip the long story which will lessen the impact I'm sure, but it is necessary for sake of time and space. Through a series of events Jim came to find two stamps in his bag he travels with in which he keeps his effects for preaching. He has no idea how they got there, but the Holy Spirit told him there was a surprise for him in his bag two separate times. The first time he found a framed stamp of Winston Churchill which was a reference to Churchill's quote, "Never, never, never give up!" The second time the Holy Spirit told him to look for a surprise it was the following day. He was sure he knew everything in that bag because he had to search to find the first stamp. He did however find another stamp. It was just 2 weeks before Jim would be in France. This one was of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris on September 28, 1945, "Liberation Day." As he described the stamp I began to cry. I knew where God was going with this. It's what I want to see. Jim explained God has 2 things to say to France: Never, never, never give up and a day is coming when there will be celebrating in the streets!
YES, LORD! So be it!

There is so much more to tell about what happened at France en Feu. The presence of God was thick and the people were hungry for the things of God. But it really is something you have to experience to fully understand. So I won't go on and on...

However, I do want to share something that God did for me personally. My American friends David and Angela Leigh picked me up from the airport and made the arrangements for the weekend. (Thanks again!) I can't tell you what a help this was to me. In addition I got to spend the weekend with the amazing French ladies who are a part of and lead their church. I all ready knew the Leigh's were God connections. I quickly learned that wasn't where the Alsace connection stopped. I was prayed for and welcomed into France and their hearts and lives by these wonderful women. They prayed for my destiny in France to be released. I cannot explain in words the difference this had made in my spirit and in my feeling of purpose and destiny in France. Thank you, Jesus, that you place us in family. Thank you, family of God, for opening your hearts to me.

I will post a pic of this wonderful group. They are from left to right:
Caroline, me, Hugette, Emilie, Nadia, Angela, David, Anne, and Manuela

3 comments:

David Leigh said...

Help...I can't see the photo! ;c)

Emilie said...

Oui, je confirme, c'était une expérience fabuleuse, très sainte, qui a aussi fait un puissant impact dans ma vie!
Heureuse d'avoir partagé tous ces moments avec toi précieuse Alana!! :)

Anonymous said...

Those guys from Alsace are awesome we plan to head down there some time be great if you could come too better ask them first i guess :)

Richard