Monday, April 26, 2010

26 April


So much has happened this month. I will do my best to remember all the highlights.

I have enjoyed teaching English. Beckie returns this week and will take her classes back. It has been interesting to communicate in English with the students after I've worked so hard to be able to communicate in French. It was a little odd at first but a lot of fun. I also got to work with Olivia Leigh, the daughter of American missionaries here. She is completely bilingual. We explored American literature in reading 'To Kill A Mockingbird,' one of my favorite books. We have also looked at just a little poetry and I've had the pleasure of getting some good writing assignments out of her. She is talented. Keep an eye out for her stories in the future.

One of the highlights of the year was 'Deploie tes ailes' (spread your wings), the youth seminar we had over a the weekend of the 9-11th of April. During the treasure hunt over 20 people were prayed for within an hour, one man received Jesus as savior, one woman was the treasure of two different teams, one man was found and God had given us his name. The kids were pumped at the joy of hearing and obeying God and then seeing what happened. The youth were prophesied over during the weekend and all had the opportunity to prophesy over others. It was amazing. Four of the older youth ended up praying and prophesying over the team of adults for 3 hours straight! It was like rapid fire prophesy in team. I've never seen anything quite like it. They were red hot and right on! The most amazing thing from the weekend was the lives that were transformed, TRANSFORMED. I could see the difference the second day in a couple of young ladies. I see them at school and church now and they are still new creations, delivered, healed and released! PRAISE GOD, our loving Father!! Thank you to all of you who prayed for us during that seminar. The power and presence of God came and changed us all!

Did you hear about the volcano in Iceland and the ash cloud that disrupted air travel in Europe? Well, I haven't made it to England yet for a visit. That should happen next week. I am looking forward to seeing my friends and getting some rest. Things are getting back to normal as far as travel goes, however, I'm sure it will be a while before the back-log and financial difficulties are overcome in Europe.

My friend Katie Berry came for a visit for a few days. We had perfect spring weather and took advantage of it. She also came to my English classes as an added point of interest in English conversation.

The music groups are coming right along and I have more students asking for lessons. It is always rewarding to see progress and enthusiasm in the students.

Pierre-Daniel Martin, a French prophet, came and did a seminar last week with the school and church. He had encouraging words for the spiritual future of France. France has a strong prophetic call as a nation. I am excited to see what God is about to do in this nation and in Europe. He also had many clear and encouraging words for the people here. I had never met him and he said to me that he saw that I had closed a door and made a turn in my life and that it was right, which was confirmation for me. He is a man full of grace, love and humility. It is a joy to see ministers of Christ who care for the body like that.

I am happy to report that my dad was able to sell our family home quickly and at a price that was more than he had asked for it! God is so faithful! This is just another blessing for my family and more proof for me that my place is in France.

I want to end this blog with praise. God has added to me good friends, given me the opportunity to teach and work with young people, given me a beautiful place to live, given me a church were I can worship, grow and serve, and He continually loves on me. I am a blessed woman.

Thanks to all of you who are a part of my life. Knowing you makes my life richer.


**The pic at the top is from the making of the short film that I talked about in my last blog. It is finished and I look forward to seeing it.

No comments: