Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28th

This entry is coming to you from Cobham, England. I am so glad to be here visiting my dear friends Ralph and Ruth. It is a good way to recover from jet-lag before moving on to Paris. It is good to be back in Europe.

I had a great journey. On the flight from Cleveland to London I had a great chat with a young man on his way to an art school in Ireland. He was very friendly and easy to get along with. I was grateful to have someone fun to sit by on such a long flight. We had a great talk about God and I got to share the Gospel with him. He is a very spiritual person and seemed to enjoy hearing the Gospel for the first time. It was obvious God had orchestrated our meeting. I pray he finds God and His peace.

I had a wonderful walk and talk with Ruth this morning. Friendship with the people of God is a special thing, a lasting bond through the years. We walked up to an old church on a hill. Ruth said it was a Norman church probably built in the 1100's. We simply don't have the history Europe does. Columbus hadn't even been born to think about discovering a new world when that church was built. Cool, huh.

I plan on rediscovering Cobham today or tomorrow. (I lived here ten years ago.) They have a Starbucks now. Which will mean nothing to most of you and something to a few of you. Starbucks seems really out of place on such a quaint English high street. But the English do love their Starbucks just like Americans. (Isn't that right Greg and Brandon?)

I have had my first comment. (Thanks, David.) Keep them coming. It's good to know people are actually checking these out.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GLad your safe and had such a cool ride over the ocean.....pray for me monday night...tuesday morning is my surgery - graph put in my arm...I have been having aqnxiety attacks...lots of crying...not normal for me. I need the peace of God through the whole surgery especially right before the surgery- no anxiety. please!

love ya lil one,
carolyn

Susan said...

Yea Alana! I'm glad you had a good trip to England and get to spend some time there with Ralph and Ruth. It's so cool that you got to visit a church built in the 1100's too! You'll be in my prayers during your transition!
~Susan