Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 11


Armistice Day, Veteran's Day... We remember and are thankful to those who have given everything for the freedom and peace we now enjoy.

In the past weeks I have been struck by the costs involved with what I am doing. I knew it would sink in, and it has. It's difficult to be away from friends and family when they go through life's joys and difficulties. Community is nice, but so are a cozy couch and a bath. Being in France but realizing you'll never be French. Knowing God is big enough to reach these people and feeling way to insignificant to think I can do anything to help.

Fear not! I'm not discouraged, at the end of my rope, or ready to give up. I'm just sobered a bit. There are months of language learning ahead. I know I'm supposed to be here and God can use even me mightily. But I still have no idea what that will look like practically after school.

In the meantime, I study and love and try to be a help to the beautiful people He has put here with me. I seek God and marvel at His generosity, goodness, kindness, and grace. Our God is faithful. I want to be like Him.

1 comment:

KK said...

Alana, enjoyed catching up on your posts! God is indeed truly amazing. Look forward to seeing you when you come back for Christie and Andy's wedding!