Friday, November 20, 2009

20 November



Ok, so much for shorter and more frequent blogs. My intentions were good. But hey it is absolutely perfect outside and I'm inside writing this. Do I get brownie points for that?

There is a lot going on and I am busy. However, I don't have a lot of new to add to my last blog. My time in Germany was good. The best part of it for me was getting to know the people I went with better. I was also even more aware that I am called to France. I came back loving French, the French people, and France more than ever. That's not to say I don't like Germany...but it's not France. It was a stretching weekend for me with all of the different languages being spoken. But God is in the stretching business, might as well get used to it.

Here are some important prayer needs for the school and church I'm working with:
~The school is private and while the students are charged a fee the school depends largely on the donations of others. Please pray God's financial provision for this Christian school that is imparting the goodness of God along with knowledge.
**There is a very strong spiritual battle going on in the class that is the equivalent of 6th graders in the States. The teachers are feeling the strain and are discouraged. Please pray God breakthrough for this class in their home lives as well as at school and that God encourage and give strength to the teachers.
~There is a building project to renovate rooms that were donated. Money and work teams are needed to finish the project and get students in the classrooms.
~Workers for the projects of the church. The leadership is full of vision and there are resources but laborers are needed!

Personal prayer needs:
~The right connections and understanding on the visa process and staying in France.
~God continue to sharpen and strengthen me as He sees fit.
~Continued provision. God is SO faithful! This is also a praise.
~Safe and healthy travels as I come home for the holidays.
~Wisdom on when to return to France and the provision to do so.

Thanks for keeping up with me and these requests. Would love to hear from you when you can take a minute to write a note.

**left pic: The long flat building near the middle of the picture is the part of the school that is in need of work. The four or five rooms on the left are working classrooms. The rest of the building is in the process of being finished.

**right pic: God is making a clear path for me in France. (This is from one of my walks in the vineyard on the hill close to the chateau.)

No comments: