Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11


Hello from beautiful Arkansas. It is nice to be home. I didn't realize how much I missed the sun and stars! So being home in the "Natural" state has been a treat. Of course the best part is being with family and friends. God has been filling my 'tank' with good fellowship and people pouring into me. I am blessed.

I have been home for three weeks now. I spent most of the first two weeks sleeping! It was much needed and appreciated. My time started out with a bang with my dad having chest pains and going to the emergency room the day after I arrived. He ended up at the Heart Hospital in Little Rock and had a stint put in an artery that was 95% blocked the next day. We had him home in time for Christmas Eve dinner. I am so thankful for God's grace and the medical technology we enjoy. I quickly understood why God changed my plans to have me home for the holidays. And I am happy to report that my dad has been feeling stronger each day since then. Praise God! And thanks to all of you who were praying for him.

I have a lot to process. It was really intense the first two weeks home, especially since I was so exhausted. I have begun a dance between two continents that was prophesied to me ten years ago by my pastor, Wayne Drain. He said he saw me with a foot on each continent and I was dancing back and forth like I had a dual citizenship for a time. Sounds cool, exciting, and romantic, huh? Well, one doesn't anticipate the stretching and tug of war that goes on in one's heart. I now have two places, and even more emotionally attaching, people in both places that I love. And I am confident as I spend more time in France the attachments will grow.

I began French lessons with Mme. Freeman this week. She is so generous with her time. I am so grateful to have such a good teacher available to me as I would fall behind with my studies otherwise. My other 'duty' while in Arkansas is to help and support a dear friend as she prepares to marry a wonderful godly man. I am staying busy between the two.

I will return to school at Les Cèdres in France at the end of February. I plan to attend the final two trimesters and will be there until the end of June. I look forward to returning to France. I am still confident that God has called me to France and I am doing my best to lean into this time of training. After language school I am uncertain of where God will send me and how He wants me to serve. But I am certain that He will make it clear in time.

Please pray for me that:

this time at home will continue to be a time to rest and be restored.

my French studies will be productive.

God will help me process and prepare for what He is calling me to do.

provision for tuition and living costs.

God will make clear the next steps after June.



**The picture above is my lovely family on Christmas Eve.**

1 comment:

David Leigh said...

Yea for Madame Freeman! Please let her know (in French of course) that I really believe that she's playing a strategic prophetic role...not just in your life but one which will be multiplied in many lives changed; many destinies realized.

Happy continental dancing!