Thursday, September 17, 2009

17 September


I am almost half way through my TEFL course and so far so good. I have taught two lessons this week and they both went well. I had forgotten how much I like to teach. I seem to forget when I haven't taught in a while. It only takes one lesson to remind me though. There is a lot of lecture, prep and work to be done but I have managed to stay on top of it all. It is a lot of teaching method, which I've had, both as a teacher and as a language student last year. God has prepared me for this course and I am grateful for it. Otherwise, it would be a little overwhelming.

My class is made up of 17 people from several different countries. The reasons they are there are as varied as the people. Our teacher is Polish. She is a ball of energy and really knows her stuff. It's been enjoyable for me to be a part of such a diverse group.

Commuting has been good. I'm definitely getting my exercise. I had a chance last Friday to check out the National Gallery. I love free museums. I realized that when I lived here 11 years ago, I always took the Tubes (subway). I missed so much of the city by being underground for my travels. So, I am hoping to walk around the central part of the city and rediscover London.

Prayer requests:

I am home sick today. (Taking this opportunity to blog.) Please pray for good health to finish this course and throughout the fall.
I will have major tests on the next two Wednesdays. Please pray I do well on my tests and the remaining 4 lessons I have to teach.
Please pray blessings, healing, and grace for Ruth and Ralph who are such kind and generous hosts to me.

**This is a picture of my school in London near Waterloo Station, Schiller International University. However, my certification will come from TEFL International.

1 comment:

David Leigh said...

Hi!
My server isn't cooperating, so I'm sending this via your blog!
I just talked to Manu and she's operating in default mode for the chateau: You come when you come, and we work around you!
Here's the lay of the land:
The Bussieres leave for Lyon tomorrow for I'm not sure how long.
Big dates: David and Olivia will be in Switzerland for a wedding the 10-11th and I will be in Germany 8-11th. So actually if you could house sit for the cats over the weekend, that would be fabulous!
It looks like our Oct. tabernacle will possibly fall on the 2nd, with the Swiss leading it.
The Toussaint school break is Oct. 24-Nov. 4th this year.
We have 3 groups of youth taking turns leading the chapel worship times now, and I think they'd like you to plug in there for sure, since there is no one really supporting them.
Beckie, the English girl, who is here till May, is very happy teaching English at the school, even though she has no teaching degree or experience. Par contre, the host family has been a bad fit for her and she will also be moving into the chateau.
Any other questions?
Love, Angela