Sunday, September 6, 2009

6 September


I have safely made it to my English home. I will be here for a month. Tomorrow I start my TEFL course which will train me to teach English as a second language. I will then take my certificate and move on to Alsace, France to volunteer with a church there helping with the youth.
That's the fall in a nutshell if you hadn't heard the plan before.

So starting tomorrow, I become a London commuter. AND I'm actually looking forward to it. Crazy. I'm not much of a city girl, but the idea of catching a train each day and continuing to learn and be equipped for the next stage is exciting to me.

I am ready for a new adventure. I am starting this season of life in fullness and hope. (2 Peter 1:3) I am very grateful to God for all that He has done. The most amazing thing He has done in my life is not paying for stuff, it's not the travel, although these things are great! The most mind-blowing thing God has done in my life is that He is transforming me. He has healed me, grown me, taken me apart and put me back together. I am on more solid footing than ever before. Even when the terrain constantly shifts, I keep my balance. This is a huge change and improvement for me. This is the power of God to save. This is the power of love. This is the power of the Gospel. This is what we must share with a hurting, dying, lost world. We all need this precious Jesus that can set us free and transform us.


**This is the first buddy pic of Liviyah and me. Isn't she sweet!?

2 comments:

Chris Stobart said...

What a pity the station's all the way over in Stoke D'Abernon. Oh well...

Be nice to see you sometime while you're over.

C130gal said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. Sounds like you have a very exciting adventure ahead of you!!