Sunday, September 27, 2009

27 September


I am looking at the last week of my TEFL course. I have A LOT of homework. However, with just one week to go and having a tough teacher for French last year in Paris (thanks, Régine) I know I can handle it. I did really well on my method test. I actually pulled an A! That's thanks to teaching experience and all of those years of teacher in-service. Now we are on to grammar. It's one thing to know what is right and a whole other thing to know why it's right and then be able to teach it to someone else. Let's just say there will be even more study and preparation for the next big test on Wednesday.

I have thought quite a bit about the love of God this week. After talking to a friend one night, I could feel God's care for me through her. Then the next day on the train I was once again aware of God's love for me. I just relaxed and enjoyed the goodness of it for a moment (taking a break from homework). Then I looked around and realized these people don't know that He loves them like this... how sad. Isn't that what we really want people to know? Don't we want to share Jesus because we want people to know that they are really and genuinely loved by the Great Lover? We all want and need to be loved. And God is the only one who gets it right 100% of the time. What a good message.

Also, I was talking with some friends from school on the topic of marriage. They had the typical view going these days. "Yes, it would be nice if marriage would last forever but people change and I don't know if my marriage would last or not." "Can you really blame someone for leaving if the other person changes or cheats?" All of us were single. Two of them have long time boyfriends. I was quiet for most of the conversation, but when I did share my opinion I was thankful for the good and godly marriages that I knew. The marriages that have survived depression and even infidelity. I could tell it was impressive to them to hear of people choosing to stay together through very difficult circumstances. So thank you to those of you who may not have a perfect marriage (does such a thing exist?) but you have chosen with God's help to be faithful.

Prayer requests:
-a good finish to this last week of TEFL training
-continued provision for the next stage
-continued good health and rest
-a safe journey to France on Oct 7
-a good transition into life in Alsace

**the picture is Waterloo Station taken from my classroom window

1 comment:

KK said...

This part really hit me Alana: "Then I looked around and realized these people don't know that He loves them like this... how sad. Isn't that what we really want people to know? Don't we want to share Jesus because we want people to know that they are really and genuinely loved by the Great Lover?"
Thanks for your work!