Saturday, October 31, 2009

31 October



The last 2 1/2 weeks since I last wrote have brought new adventures. I have observed a few different classes, had rehearsals with two different music groups, prayed at the gates of the city, taken a quick trip to Paris to see school friends, been on a hike and walks, and have just generally settled in and gotten to know people better.

I have found from observing classes that French young people are not unlike American young people. That's not to say that there is no difference, but at the core we are all human. We want and need to be loved and respected. We receive better if the giver of information also listens, really listens. We respond well to people who are enthusiastic and passionate.

There is a group of young people that I am working with who are beginning to lead worship from time to time at Eglise Josué. They range in age from around 15 to 21. They are packed with talent and very motivated. Best of all, they have great hearts and are fun to be with. They call me their coach. Where's my whistle... Just kidding! They already know how to play and sing, so we are working to function as a team and I'm just helping to give some structure and stretch them when I can. It's great fun.

My visit with friends in Paris was great. It was so good to see people and to deepen some key relationships. I also got to see some new places in Paris. It was nice to come 'home' to the country though. For me, Paris is a great place to visit but I guess I'm just a country girl at heart.

After talking to a friend at Les Cèdres, the language school I attended last year, I realized even more the importance of what they are doing in equipping the saints to reach the francophone world. I also was reminded of the spiritual warfare that goes on there. It is a light surrounded by darkness. Those of you that are praying with me and for me please remember Les Cèdres in your prayers. Specifically pray for God to protect the school from the enemy's attacks that affect the administration, the teachers, and the students. It is an important call that they are all answering and it is being strongly contested. The French speaking world is in desperate need of the good news of Jesus and our Father's love.

There is much dreaming and scheming going on here. I will give more detail as things develop. I feel I could really be a part of the vision here in Guebwiller. My heart and skill set complement what is needed. Will you pray with me that God will make it clear where I am to go or stay next and how to accomplish that? I still need strategy on finding a job and even more so on getting a visa so I don't have to keep leaving the country frequently.

Thanks to you all for keeping up with me. I will give a list of prayer requests below. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave a comment here or send me and email!

summary of prayer requests:
~*my time in Guebwiller to be effective
-including organizing and preparing music groups
-interceding for the church and school here
~*improving my French skills
~*strategies for finding a job and getting a visa*~
~*financial support
-monthly giving was down this month


**Pictures at the top:
Anne Pierre-Elien, my guide on our hike and a powerful intercessor, in general, a real fireball. I challenge anybody to keep up with her. :)
Anne's family and the Bussiere family live on the floor below me. They have all been very warm and welcoming. Thanks for making me feel at home. Last night I got to have crepes with both families. It was loud and lively and a lot of people packed in a small kitchen. I loved EVERY minute of it.

The chateau from the vineyards on the hill. It's the brown building with pointed eaves at bottom center. The place the pic was taken is a good place to go and pray over the valley.

No comments: