Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1


Bon jour de Paris! This is my first blog from France. I am so excited to be here! And technically I'm in a suburb of Pairs called Massy. It's an interesting mix of urban apartment buildings and traditional French shops. The school, Les Cedres, is a nice oasis in between the two.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I have a little from England left to report. Although most of you read the email about our prayer time. It was a very encouraging time with Martin Scott, Jenny Moore, Judith Scott, Naomi Moore, and of course our Steph. (I'm including a photo of Steph Carr and me.) It was a great send off for Hannah and me.

Our flight was delayed an hour on Sunday, but otherwise there were no problems. Hannah has still not received her luggage. She's a trooper, but it is frustrating. Pray they come first thing tomorrow.

The first people we met when we stepped out of the taxi were from Texas and wait for it.... Arkansas, North Little Rock to be exact! Hannah and I couldn't believe it. The people from Texas are students here and the Arkansans were just visiting. Since then I have met people from South Korea, Norway, England, and lots of Americans.

We have orientation tomorrow which is Tuesday and classes start on Thursday. I am ready to go. So far I've only had to dip my toe into French. Soon they will expect me to speak French all the time. Whew! I get tired just thinking about it. But I am so excited to really learn the language so I can use it effectively in most situations. So, roll up the sleeves and tuck in.

I will give you more detail on the school and what we have been up in a later blog. It's late and I need to get some sleep. (We are 7 hours ahead of Central Standard Time.) Bon Nuit.

2 comments:

Teresa Anthony said...

So glad you arrived safely in Paris. Sounds like you are off to an exciting start and already have a pretty good command of the language. It won't be any time at all before you are confidently conversing with the natives!

Hope your friend's luggage arrives today. Sounds like she has handled it with great grace.

Sending you hugs and prayers,

Love,

Tess

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday. I am jealous, your dinner out sounded so much fun (just what I had in mind for details, except you didn't mention what your wine selection was, but hey good description!). Give Hannah my love and regards and say "Hello" to all your new girly friends. Glad you are in place. Let the language study begin! Love Margaret T.