Saturday, September 27, 2008

September 27



Hola, amigos! Wait. That's not French. Yes, well, we had a Mexican food day on Wednesday this week. We had two birthday girls and lots of food. It was a lot of fun. The pictures are from that day. The four ladies are: l to r, Anette and Helena from Norway and Katie and Lauren from the US. Aren't they beautiful! The other picture is Clemmon (German), Saraly (French and our director), and Lauren.

Well, I'm not sure what to report. It was a good week overall. My teacher made me cry and I had to leave class yesterday. Don't worry. It was just one of those moments. I don't blame my teacher. The ironic thing is I've made students cry before. I always felt bad about it. Now I know what it's like on the other side of the fence. I went back to class after about ten minutes and finished my test. I think I did ok. After that the day was fine, good even. Sometimes you just have to let off a little steam.

This will be a short post for now. Overall, I would say that I am finding a better balance with school, homework, and life. There are lots of things rolling around in my head. I just don't think I can put them into writing yet. Maybe soon....

1 comment:

KK said...

Alana,
I am learning a lot from your postings and enjoying them too! The one about your French professor looking astonished about accountability is boggling.
It makes sense from what you have said that the French are private but I was wondering why your school teacher found accountability difficult to comprehend. Is it a Christian school or just a school to teach language?

Praying that God will grant you the wisdom and understanding you need. Just ask Him like Daniel did. Remember, it says in Daniel 1:17, "As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in ALL LEARNING and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams."

Love and Blessings,
Kunal