Friday, September 5, 2008

September 5



Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have completed my first two days of class and a work week at Les Cedres. It is A LOT of work and very challenging. The first 3 weeks are supposed to be the most difficult. So I should have this licked in a couple more weeks, not... I have 12 pages of homework and an essay to write this weekend. See, I wasn't kidding about A LOT of work. Ce n'est pas grave! It's ok. This is what I signed up for.

On Wednesday, a group of about 30 people from our school took a boat tour of Paris by bateaux-mouche. It is a great way to see many of the historic places in Paris. As you can see, the Eiffel Tower was one of the landmarks we passed. Did you know the French people hated the Eiffel Tower when it was built because they thought it was ugly. Now anytime one thinks of Paris they think of the famous tower. This Sunday we hope to return to the city and check out a museum or two because all museums have free admission on the first Sunday of the month. Free is always good.

Tonight the students have been invited to the home of some of the staff for cake. Everyone is very friendly here. I am pleasantly surprised at how helpful and polite the French people are. And God has so generously given me instant friends to enjoy. Merci, Dieu.

The weather report: currently it is 68 and raining. Most of the days have been cloudy and rainy since we have arrived. It's very refreshing though, especially since there is no air conditioning here.

The update on Hannah's luggage: still MIA! Yes, can you believe it. Her luggage has still not made it here. I don't even think it's in Paris yet. She has had to break down and buy some things to get by. It's not good, but again she has handled it very gracefully.

I'm going to wrap it up for now. I don't know how often I will get to blog now with 2 hours of homework each night. But I will keep it up. If you would like to see more pictures of Paris check my Facebook. A bientot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Study hard Mon Cherie.
Your are doing great at blogging, you are blogging faster than I can get to read it! Blessings!

Margaret