Monday, September 15, 2008

September 15




Monday morning of week 3 at Les Cedres....

I am better rested. Thank you to everyone who is praying for sleep and rest. We definitely still need prayer about that, but it is better. Class is not so overwhelming and my teacher has had mercy on us concerning homework. There is still plenty of work. It's just not the overload like before. So I would say I am starting to get my feet back under me. Life is so much more enjoyable and digestible when your sense of humor is intact, especially when you're constantly making mistakes.

Becky said that $450 was given at FOC this month. That is the amount we knew had been promised in monthly donations. This leaves about $550 per month still needed in donations. Please pray for God's provision. Thank you to everyone who is supporting me financially as well as in prayer. I couldn't do this without all of you!

I find myself focused on learning the language. That's good! That's why I am here. However, I must not forget why I am learning the language. I was reminded of this very clearly Saturday night on the crowded train home from Paris. A young man sat in the corner of the train car looking forlorn. I wanted to go to him and offer to pray for any need he might have. I just don't have the vocabulary to do that yet. And so I prayed for him quietly and this morning went to class with a little more purpose...

I am posting some pictures of our Saturday outing. Hannah needed books for class. Getting books for class has never been so fun. We also visited Notre Dame and had a cafe at a cafe in a nice quarter of the city called Marie. Then we had dinner at a restaurant that had all kinds of Mediterranean decor. And when we walked out into the Parisian night, wow. I like Paris, but I love Paris at night! I now understand why it is called the 'City of Lights.' There are people everywhere, lots of street performers with various skills, and the city itself is beautiful. Our Korean friend Debora was with us as well as Katie, a girl from Ohio who now lives in Toulouse.

I hope you enjoy these pictures. I will post more on my Facebook so you can check them out.

No comments: